School Solutions provides specialized school-related services which to children, adolescents, and young adults. Our psychologists utilize a wide range of standardized assessments to ensure a comprehensive evaluation of each client.
Psychoeducational Evaluations: Our psychoeducational evaluations offer a comprehensive assessment of a student’s developmental, cognitive, academic, behavioral and emotional functioning.
The types of tests used depend upon the issues/concerns presenting. Tests typically assess cognitive and intellectual functioning (IQ) including verbal and perceptual reasoning skills, problem-solving ability, academic skills, attention and memory, and behavioral/emotional functioning. Our clinicians are also qualified to administer the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS). Evaluations include a comprehensive report describing your child’s learning profile and diagnoses/ recommendations as appropriate.
IQ Testing: IQ testing and academic screening (if necessary) is also available as part of the application process when applying to independent schools. We also offer such testing as part of the qualification process for gifted programming in public school.
Classroom Observations: As needed, evaluations include an observation of the child/adolescent within their classroom/daycare setting.
School Meetings: As an additional service, our staff consults with teachers and school personnel as part of therapy and/or to offer recommendations and discuss treatment planning following psychoeducational evaluation. Our licensed therapists/psychologists can:
- Help translate assessment findings into educational plans
- Consult with teachers and other school personnel
- Review IEPs and Section 504 Plans
- Accompany parents to school meetings, mediations, or resolution meetings to help them articulate goals and build cooperative relationships with school personnel
- Attend regularly scheduled team meetings to monitor and review a child’s progress and collaborate with school professionals to ensure optimal growth.